Scalp massage can decrease stress but also boosts your mood and blood circulation at the pores of the scalp. If you were on a tiring day from your office to home, all you need is a head massage to relieve your stress. Similarly, head massage is nothing but a scalp massage. Where it is a stress relieving therapy to promote circulation of blood to the pores of the hair strands to give immediate relief from stress.
One popular type of massage therapy is head massage. Massaging the scalp can stimulate the nerves and blood vessels beneath the skin. It also calms the muscle tension around the head. Though there are many different therapeutic cultures, introduced massage as one form of stress relief therapy for thousands of years, The people of India have incorporated head massage(hair and scalp) into therapeutic practice for about 5,000 years as part of Ayurveda.
It’s pretty feels like heaven that scalp massages help us instantly overcome stress. Yet, we’ve heard many times that this simple technique is also great for the health of our scalp and head. We’d believe just about anything after a five-minute massage.
Steps For DIY Hair and Head Massage
At first, it is preferable to seek a professional for this kind of head massage therapy to get a better idea of how exactly it should be done. But after a while you can also do it on your own to get to know your own hair. Here’s how you do a DIY scalp and head massage at the comfort of your own.
- Take some oil into a bowl and warm the oil by placing the bowl in some hot water. The oil should be warm but comfortable to touch, so it doesn’t harm your hands and your scalp when you apply it.
- Using the pads of your fingers, apply the oil little by little to different parts of your scalp, parting your hair as needed. Also apply some oil along the length of your hair. Then, using the pads of your fingers, apply the oil on your scalp, using circular motions. Slow, deliberate movements are relaxing while steady but vigorous movement helps enhance energy and circulation.
- Cover your entire scalp with a shower cap. Leave the oil on for at least 30-60 minutes before shampooing and rinsing, longer if you can.
- You could also dip a towel in hot water and can use to cover your scalp. But, Just wring the excess water out and cover your entire scalp. This helps the oil condition and softens your hair better. You can also leave the oil on overnight. Just cover your pillows so the oil won’t leave any stain.
- If you are bothered about hair fall and dandruff, better go for organic oils that would help you in regrowth and retaining of hair.
Benefits of Head Massage
- It stimulates the scalp circulation, bringing with it oxygen and hair nourishing nutrients, thus promote stronger and healthier hair growth.
- Increasing the flow of lymph nodes, they removes toxins and other particles on the scalp
- It activates the dormant hair follicles to promote new growth.
- Massaging is one of the concepts from Ayurveda healing from ancient Indian healing methods. It has a powerful effect in bringing the energy of body back into balance.
- Head massage will place the emphasis of body on balance that is explained by the chakras in ancient Ayurvedic procedures.
- This one is great for tired eyes from staring at the computer ,it also brings circulation to the area and relieves sinus pressure, eye strain, and headaches.
- Massage improves blood circulation to the scalp, so that it can also helps in preventing from brittleness of hair and dryness of the scalp.